Lindos is situated on the Greek island of Rhodes, the largest of the Dodecanese islands. It has become known as the ‘Sunshine Island' as it basks in more than 300 days of sun each year!
Talk to anyone who has been - Lindos is very special. Not quite like anywhere you've been before. Traditional buildings, car free streets, sandy beaches and of course the ancient Acropolis are just some of what Lindos has to offer.
There are many shopping opportunities in the pretty cobbled passage ways of Lindos. As for bars, cafes and eateries - there is an array to suit all tastes. You can choose between a romantic roof top restaurant, a family run taverna, or a true 'fine dining' experience - no matter where you end up you'll be assured of a warm welcome everywhere.
The main beach at Lindos offers water sports and boat trips, while the magical St Pauls Bay, a favourite for Lindian weddings is only minutes from your villa, overlooking Psartos Bay.
If you are looking for sheer relaxation, clear blue waters, perfect weather, in and around one of the most beautiful and famous landmarks in Greece, then it has to be Lindos!
Lindos with its magnificent Acropolis is only 2 minutes by car or 25 on foot, but why not explore yourself the many other places on wonderful Rhodes:
- Pefkos village is 1.5km south, here you have access to another beautiful beach along with more shops, tavernas and bars. Pefkos has a popular bakery that stays open long hours
- 5km beyond Pefkos you reach Lardos, with its traditional Greek square, more shops and tavernas - there is also a popular go-karting track. There are also two excellent butchers in Lardos that supply an array of fine meats - great for BBQ's!
- The biggest water park in Europe is in Falaraki, a half hour drive north from Lindos
- Historical Rhodes Town is less than an hour's drive
- The Valley Of The Butterflies and the Seven Springs are also within 1 hour journey - both well worth a visit
Tsambika Beach is truly stunning and said by many to be one of the best in Greece. It is undoubtedly our favourite beach and less than a half hour's drive from the villa. Its gently shelving beach makes it perfect for kids and there are plenty of tavernas as well as an array of watersports on offer.